The Department of Management at Birkbeck is offering the Women in Sport Scholarship. This scholarship is aimed to benefit a female student enrolled on a sport programme (MSc) in our department.
The Women in Sport Scholarship is part of a wider initiative at Birkbeck to foster women’s participation in the sport industry.
About Scholarship Institution
- The Scholarship is generously funded Birkbeck alumnus Tim Edwards and his partner Elizabeth Edwards. Elizabeth is a Director of Ipswich Town plc, a Trustee of the Ipswich Town Community Trust, as well as being the club supporter Liaison Officer, and Tim is an Associate Director of Ipswich Town FC. Together, they are co-founders of the Ipswich Town Heritage Society. They are passionate about increasing the number of women working in football and sport more generally.
- Tim explained, ‘Women remain under-represented in senior management roles in the football industry. The Birkbeck MSc course provides a great opportunity for women to pursue their love of sport and progress professionally in this most fascinating and challenging of industries’.
- he scholarship will be £5000 for a full-time Home/EU/international student or £2500 per year for a part-time Home/EU/international student, depending on chosen mode of study.
- Funding is subject to the recipient making satisfactory progression as assessed through the College’s formal assessment procedures.
- We welcome applications from female Home/EU/international students who:
- have graduated with a 1st class or 2:1 undergraduate degree
- have strong potential for achievement at postgraduate level
- can demonstrate financial need.
How to Apply
- Candidates will only be considered once they have been offered a place on one of the following Birkbeck programmes:
- To apply for the scholarship, please download and complete the application form and email to Jide Gbadamosi.
- Applications close on 5 June 2020.