Deadline for applications: December 31 2020
The McDonnell International Scholars Academy is pleased to invite applications to its fellowship program for the 2021 academic year. Please share our CALL FOR APPLICATIONS by distributing via social media channels and encouraging interested students to attend one of our virtual information sessions.
Download Call for Applications
In these challenging times during the global pandemic, Washington University in St. Louis and the McDonnell International Scholars Academy remain open for business and continue to welcome talented students from around the globe with open arms. We are committed to providing unparalleled educational opportunities to our McDonnell Scholars and to developing a community of future global leaders.
Our fellowship opportunity is open to prospective students applying to pursue an eligible full-time graduate or professional degree program at Washington University in St. Louis. McDonnell Scholars receive both financial and programmatic support including:
- full tuition scholarship;
- a monthly living stipend;
- annual travel allowance;
- cultural and leadership training through a leadership seminar and workshops, specially-designed educational events including visits to Washington D.C. and New York, participation in international symposia, and more;
- individual mentorship by a dedicated faculty Ambassador who assists in the development of the Scholar’s academic and professional life;
- global network of students and alumni from across countries and disciplines.
This fellowship opportunity is open to prospective students applying to pursue an eligible full-time graduate or professional degree program at Washington University in St. Louis. Applicants from all countries are welcome.
- Priority is given to international graduate and professional candidates who are graduates of one of the Academy’s partner universities.
- Domestic (U.S.) citizens who have spent most of their life and earned previous degrees in the United States are eligible to apply to as U.S. Scholars.
- International graduate and professional candidates from international universities outside the partner network are eligible to apply as Global Scholars.
Application Process & Requirements
The McDonnell Academy accepts applications beginning October 1st 2020 through January 31st 2021.
The application to the McDonnell Academy is separate from and in addition to, an application to an
eligible full-time graduate or professional degree program at Washington University in St. Louis. The
McDonnell Academy application consists of the following components:
- candidate’s biographic information and academic history;
- a personal essay;
- a short video;
- recommendation letter.
Decisions are typically made by the end of March. Approximately 20 Scholars are admitted to the
McDonnell Academy each year.
For more information:
- Visit The Program
- Contact [email protected]
Source / More information: visit Official Website.