Scholarships of between £3,000 – £5,000 are available to new international students joining a postgraduate taught masters degree in the Faculty of Science in the 2021/2022 academic year.
Scholarships will be awarded on a competitive basis to candidates who complete a scholarship application form and can demonstrate excellent academic performance (current and/ or previously gained) and any relevant extra-curricular or professional experience.
Scholarships will be awarded on a rolling basis. Awards may be allocated early in the application cycle and so making an early application for admission is advised.
- Value £3,000- £5,000
- Opens 1 December 2020
- Deadline 31 July 2021
- Help with Tuition fees
- Duration 1 Year
In order to be considered for a Faculty of Science International Masters Scholarship, candidates must:
- Be a new, international fee-paying student holding an offer of admission for a full-time, taught masters degree in the Faculty of Science for the 2021/2022 academic year.
- Be self-funded. Students who receive full scholarships, for example from a government office or embassy, will not be eligible.
Terms and conditions
- Applicants must meet all of the above eligibility criteria to be considered for a Faculty of Science International Masters Scholarship.
- Applicants who have been awarded a scholarship will be notified within four weeks of submitting a scholarship application form.
- To receive their scholarship, awardees must enrol in the 2021/ 2022 academic year and continue to meet all of the above eligibility criteria.
- The scholarship will be awarded towards the payment of a student’s tuition fee. It cannot be used for payment of a deposit.
- The value of each award will be between £3,000 and £5,000. Successful candidates will be selected on their academic performance (current and/ or previously gained), any relevant extra-curricular or professional experience alongside their scholarship application form.
- Scholarship recipients will be expected to engage with student ambassador activities during their course of study, such as supporting student recruitment activities and events.
- The awards are available for on campus study only, online masters degrees are not eligible.
- Scholarships will be awarded on a rolling basis. Awards may be allocated early in the application cycle.
- The deadline for consideration is 31 July 2021.
- Students are only eligible to hold one scholarship per academic year from the University of Strathclyde.
- The Faculty of Science’s decision on the awarding of scholarships is final. Appeals will not be considered.