Murdoch University is offering an accommodation scholarship to eligible international students who are relocating to Perth, one of the most affordable capital cities in Australia, and commencing an eligible Murdoch course in 2021. Each scholarship is valued at $3,000 and is to be utilised towards on-campus accommodation at Murdoch University Village (MUV).
With stylish, fully furnished apartments, an unbeatable residential life program and located right on campus, Murdoch University Village is where you want to be! You can relocate to Perth with the peace of mind knowing that if self-quarantine is required, you can obtain approval to do so within suitable accommodation at the Village, subject to government advice and Terms and Conditions. Living in the Village gives you more than just a room – there are heaps of features and amenities to help you live university life to the fullest. The Village is so close to university facilities that you can roll out of bed and be in class in minutes.
A total of 50 International Accommodation Scholarships are available and will be allocated based on order in which eligible applications are received. Successful scholarship recipients can select their preferred room type at the Murdoch University Village. To see all accommodation rates and apartment options available, click here
The $3000 scholarship is applicable for use of any room type at MUV and is an up to 80%* saving on the cost of one-semester accommodation.
The cost of an 8-bed south room type on a 21 week contract is $3,720AUD.
To be eligible for this scholarship, you must:
- be a new international, full fee-paying student residing in Australia
- be residing in any Australian state or territory (excluding Western Australia) at the time of application to Murdoch University
- be admitted and commence your Murdoch degree in one of the 2021 intakes
- relocate to Perth, Western Australia before the admitted intake commences
- start studying one of the eligible undergraduate or postgraduate coursework courses and be enrolled as an international student at one of Murdoch’s Western Australian campuses
- hold or be eligible to be granted a Subclass 500 Student visa
- have an executed Murdoch University Village Residential Tenancy Agreement with a minimal term of 21 weeks; and
- not be subject to any of the exclusions
Apply for admission to Murdoch University now!
How to Apply
Once you receive your admission Offer Letter and are ready to accept, simply accept your Offer and attach the completed the International Accommodation Scholarship Acceptance Form with your Murdoch acceptance.
Note: You must have accepted your Murdoch Offer Letter in order to accept the International Accommodation Scholarship
The scholarship will be automatically awarded to you if you meet all eligibility criteria until all 50 scholarships have been awarded. Murdoch University will advise applicants if unsuccessful.
This scholarship requires you to provide:
Completed International Accommodation Bursary Acceptance Form
Subject to the terms and conditions of the scholarship being met, the $3000 will be paid directly to the housing residence, Murdoch University Village as a one-off instalment. The $3000 scholarship is applicable for use on any room type at MUV, enabling flexibility of choice for you.
There is no financial payout of this scholarship, nor is it refundable.
Closing Date: 08 Mar 2021