E-learning Educational Significance in Covid-19 Pandemic
Understanding eLearning is simple. eLearning is learning utilizing electronic technologies to access educational curriculum outside of a traditional classroom. In most cases, it refers to a course, program or degree delivered completely online, it’s significant is very paramount during this Covid-19 Pandemic.
Importance of E-learning to Students during this Covid-19 Pandemic Lockdown
Today’s learners want relevant, mobile, self-paced, and personalized content. This need is fulfilled with the online mode of learning; here, students can learn at their own comfort and requirement. Let’s have an analytical look at the advantages of online learning.
1. Online Learning Accommodates Everyone’s Needs
The online method of learning is best suited for everyone. This digital revolution has led to remarkable changes in how the content is accessed, consumed, discussed, and shared. Online educational courses can be taken up by office goers and housewives too, at the time that suits them. Depending on their availability and comfort, many people choose to learn at weekends or evenings.
2. Lectures Can Be Taken Any Number Of Times
Unlike classroom teaching, with online learning you can access the content an unlimited number of times. This is especially required at the time of revision when preparing for an exam. In traditional form of learning, if you can not attend the lecture, then you have to prepare for that topic on your own; in eLearning, you can attend the lectures whenever you want with ease.
3. Offers Access To Updated Content
A prime benefit of learning online is that it makes sure that you are in synchronization with modern learners. This enables the learner to access updated content whenever they want it.
4. Quick Delivery Of Lessons
eLearning is a way to provide quick delivery of lessons. As compared to traditional classroom teaching method, this mode has relatively quick delivery cycles. This indicates that the time required to learn is reduced to 25%-60% of what is required in traditional learning. There are some of the reasons why the learning time is reduced by eLearning:
- Lessons starts quickly and also wrapped up in a single learning session. This enables training programs to easily roll out within a few weeks, or sometime even days.
- Learners can define their own speed of learning instead of following the speed of the whole group.
- Saves time as a student does not need to travel to the training venue. You can learn at the comfort of your own place.
- Students can choose to study specific and relevant areas of the learning material without focusing on each and every area. For example, they can skip certain areas they do not want to learn.
eLearning helps in creating and communicating new training, policies, concepts, and ideas. Whether it is for formal education or entertainment, eLearning is very quick way of learning!
eLearning enables educators to get a higher degree of coverage to communicate the message in a consistent way for their target audience. This ensures that all learners receive the same type of training with this learning mode.
7. Reduced Costs
eLearning is cost effective as compared to traditional forms of learning. The reason for this price reduction is because learning through this mode happens quickly and easily. A lot of training time is reduced with respect to trainers, travel, course materials, and accommodation.
This cost effectiveness also helps in enhancing the profitability of an organization. Also, when you are studying at your own place, you are relieved from paying for travel expenses (e.g. accommodation) when training happens in another city/state and/or external learning materials.
eLearning has a positive influence on an organization’s profitability. It makes it easy to grasp the content and digest it:
- It results in improved scores on certifications, tests, or other types of evaluation.
- Higher number of students who achieve ‘pass’ or mastery’ level.
- Enhanced ability to learn and implement the new processes or knowledge at the workplace.
- Help in retaining information for a longer time.
9. Less Impact On Environment
As eLearning is a paperless way of learning, it protects the environment to a lot of extent. As per a study done on eLearning courses, it has been found that distance-based learning programs consumed around 90% less power and generated 85% less amount of CO2 emissions as compared to traditional campus-based educational courses. With eLearning, there is no need to cut trees for obtaining paper. Thus, eLearning is a highly eco-friendly way of learnin
Reasons why Students Prefer E-learning
- Every child of this era loves the screen, and online courses revolve around the screen. Studies have shown that humans learn better when they see and hear. Online courses media features such as video, graphics, illustrations, attracts youngsters.
- It frees students to work at their own pace and give them time for other things. They can utilize their time more effectively.
- It empowers one’s interacting powers, even the introverts feel free to interact. eLearning methods allow them to study at home.
- Online courses cater to an unlimited number of students unlike the traditional way of learning where the number per class is limited are allowed to enroll in this virtual world.
- It is less expensive and time-saving as compared to the traditional way of learning. It saves travel costs and time and also it is very affordable, unlike traditional learning.
As much as eLearning is being supported, it is hard to take its roots out of the surface of Learning and Development. eLearning is an affordable solution to learners as it provides them the ability to gain qualifications. Education has developed to its peak and beyond with the arrival of the internet. Today’s generation is well versed in the use of technologies, smartphones, text messaging and using the internet. This has made it easier for the generation to access online courses. It is like on their fingertips.
In conclusion during this covid-19 pandemic the Government can engage in e- Leaning to keep the education sector active, and reduce the level of un educated populace all over the Nation and World. as we join hands together to figth this dangerous pandemic destroying our Educational future and dreams.