A number of Faculty Doctoral Scholarships are available in the Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences.
Level of Study: PhD degree
Eligibility: UK students and international students (including EU and EEA).
Applicants must already hold an offer of a place to study a postgraduate doctoral programme in any department in the Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences before applying for a scholarship, and be due to commence their studies during the 2023-24 academic year. We warmly welcome applications from students in all diversity groups. Two of the scholarships are reserved for Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic (BAME) applicants from the UK.
Details of Award: Cost of tuition fee plus a maintenance award equal to the UKRI minimum award, currently £17,688.
Deadline for Scholarship applications: Tuesday 21st March 2023, 17:00 GMT
Applications for a scholarship are welcomed in the following disciplines of postgraduate study:
Architecture | Art | Creative Writing | Criminology | Design | Educational Research | English Language | English Literature | Environment, Culture & Society | Languages & Cultures | Film | Gender Studies | History | Law | Linguistics | Media & Cultural Studies | Philosophy | Politics | Religious Studies | Social Anthropology | Social Work | Sociology | Theatre Studies
- Important: Please read the Faculty Doctoral Scholarships Further Information 2023-24 before applying.
Download the Faculty Doctoral Scholarship Application Form 2023-24.
The shortlisting of awards is administered by individual departments. Please get in touch with the relevant departmental contact if you would like details of the shortlisting process:
- Politics/Philosophy/Religion (PPR) PPR Postgraduate Office: [email protected]
- English & Creative Writing Kelly Camm: [email protected]
- Languages & Cultures Jennifer Hughes: [email protected]
- Linguistics & English Language PhD by research: Peter Davies: [email protected], PhD by thesis and coursework: Elaine Heron: [email protected]
- Sociology [email protected]
- History Rebecca Sheppard: [email protected]
- LICA Angie Stead: [email protected]
- Educational Research Alison Sedgwick: [email protected]
- Law Shana Henriques: [email protected]