Biological Sciences: Fully funded Swansea University and Visifish PhD scholarship: : BEHAVIOURAL METRICS OF WELFARE IN AQUACULTURE (RS340). The project is a collaboration between Swansea University, the University of Bristrol and a commercial sponsor (Visifish https://visi.fish/), and will be embedded in the IGNITION EU project. Substantial networking opportunities and unique career skills are offered through the interaction with 18 leading research partners and commercial sponsors. We are looking for an enthusiastic student interested in developing a research project at the interface between aquaculture, behavioural studies, and AI.
Value of Award: This scholarship covers the full cost of UK tuition fees and an annual stipend at UKRI rate (currently £17,668 for 2022/23) for four years.
Funding providers: Swansea University’s Faculty of Science and Engineering and VisiFish Ltd.
Subject areas: Animal Welfare, Animal Domestication, Behavioural Indicators, Machine Vision, Artificial Intelligence
Your application will be delayed if you do not submit the relevant supporting documents with your application form:
- Certificates and transcripts.
- If your qualification is pending, then please upload a transcript or list of the modules you have taken to-date.
- Your English Language test certificates (i.e IELTS/TOEFL) if appropriate.
- If you hold open references, then please upload them with your application. Alternatively please ask your referees to send their letters of support direct to the Admissions Office.
- If you do not hold a bachelor-equivalent qualification and wish to be considered for a postgraduate programme under our non-graduate admissions policy then you should upload a work experience C.V./resume with your application. The C.V should include dates of employment, job titles, employment hours, and the nature of your responsibilities/duties. Please note that our non-graduate admissions policy is only relevant for application to taught masters programmes.
Details on how to track the progress of your application will be e-mailed to you upon submission of your application.
If you have any problems using the online system please contact the Admissions Office [email protected] for help. To apply via the medium of welsh, click on ‘Cymraeg’ tab on Apply homepage.