Education is one of the human rights of man, a very important one for that matter that sadly is suffering all over the world, due to the fact that so many children are out of school all over the world for a host of reason ranging from poverty to conflicts and so much more.
Sometimes in some of these regions, the government may not have so much money to fund and create a back to school program for its poor school population.
That’s where Organizations, NGOs, and charity organizations come to the help of the government; today we are going to be talking about some Government funded educational programs in Africa.
You will mot definitely appreciate the effort that this programs have gone to ensure a complete back to school program and their hopes for the future to make that dream be a reality,
We are aware that no plan is perfect but the programs I put in here are amazing program that we can both agree that we love and will love to enjoy after reading them, so sit tight and get ready to read.
Research Practice Partnership
The Spencer Foundation launches this particular program, it is a program that helps support educational research projects that engages all sorts of collaborative and participatory partnerships that are amazing to society.
The grant program initiative is an iconic and is completely is open to all sorts of partnerships between researchers and educational practitioners, schools, teachers and school owners and administrators.
They have a specific definition of what these educational practitioners are and to them educational practitioners are, they include school districts, various county offices of education, state educational organizations, various universities, community-based organizations, out-of-school-time providers, informal educators, and basically any social learning environment that impacts a child’s learning positively .
They are open to applications for interested applicants from all sorts of places including from design-based research teams, from networked improvement communities, from placed-based research alliances, and other partnership arrangements.
Please note that the program is open to all sorts of partnership configurations across a range of learning contexts, in addition to pre k-12 school systems and so much more , they especially encourage applications from partnerships that will include scholars and institutions of higher education, rural areas , and those that that engage community-based organizations and families, their goal is to help these places survive the great adversities face when they pursue educational aspirations and goals, and that is why their grant is very popular in the world for its amazing nature.
The grant award Budgets of up to $400,000 or more depending on the scope and extent of the partnership’s and can last a duration of up to three years or more depending on a host of factors.
Eligibility for the Grant
- All the Proposals addressed to the Research-Practice Partnership program must be for research and other activities aimed to support collaborative partnerships between academic researcher(s) and educational practitioners.
- All Principal Investigators (PIs) and Co-PIs applying for a Research-Practice Partnership Grant are expected to have an earned a doctorate degree in an academic discipline or professional field, or demonstrated professional experience appropriate for this program.
If these conditions are not met, the grant will not be awarded
- If the PI or Co-PI from the partnership does not have an earned doctorate degree in an academic field; they are expected to have appropriate professional experience to serve in this role in the partnership. While graduate students may be part of the team, they may not be named the PI or Co-PI on the proposal otherwise the proposal will be rejected.
- The PI must be affiliated with a non-profit organization that is willing to serve as the administering organization once the grant is awarded. Please note that The Spencer Foundation does not award any grants directly to individuals.
Some instances of Eligible origination include non-profit colleges, universities, school districts, and research facilities, as well as other non-profit organizations.
- The PI associated with the administering organization for this grant could be either the practitioner or researcher of the partnership and should be adequately identified. At least one Co-PI should be from the other member
- Please note that Proposals are accepted from the U.S. and internationally, however all proposals must be submitted in English and budgets must be proposed in U.S. Dollars to get a fair procedure.
IEEE Foundation Grants Program
This is another very popular program and is very lucrative and amazing. The IEEE Foundation Grants Program invests $400,000 and more to increase the understanding of technology and foster technological development and its role in meeting and solving global challenges and improving the human condition and improving standard of living in general. The Grants are available for projects requesting between the budgets of US$5,000 to US$100,000.
The grant is specifically and exclusively for people from IEEE organizational units. If you are not conversant at, then know that An IEEE organizational unit is a subset of the entire IEEE membership. It is formed to carry out particular educational, geographic, professional, technical, or other appropriate activities of interest and service to those who are members of that organizational unit as permitted by law. It may sound quite long but that’s the legal definition. IEEE organizational units include sections, regions, societies, affinity groups, student branches, and major boards.
I hope you have enjoyed reading this article and have gotten a good and enjoyable insight into the best educational grants in Africa that are available and made to help the vulnerable in the world; I hope it was to your taste.