Eisler-Haus Leipzig e.V. awards scholarships to international students for the next academic year of 2022-2023!
The international scholarship program encourages composers to create new, innovative compositions and work on their craft. It helps level the playing field so composers who don’t have a high-level education can also have access to that knowledge.The project is conceived and organized by Eisler-Haus Leipzig in cooperation with the Cultural Office of the City of Leipzig
On February 23, 2016, the Eisler-Haus Leipzig e.V. was founded in the Gewandhaus in Leipzig. On April 25, 2016, they were entered into the register of associations of the city of Leipzig and received recognition of charitable status from the tax office.
In June 2017, the Eisler-Haus Leipzig e.V. successfully completed its first crowdfunding, raising more than €6,000 of the €8,000 goal.
The first official project of the Eisler-Haus Leipzig was a workshop on choreography and choreographic research, held on September 30 and October 1, 2017.
On January 31, 2017, the Eisler-Haus Leipzig e.V
Composition of a national anthem doesn’t make you a composer
You can apply for the programme if you’re a musician interested in studying underneath one of Germany’s most esteemed composers.
They are a group of volunteer citizens, including composers, singers, music students and people from the field of musicology. As members of the International Hanns Eisler Society and the Gewandhaus in Leipzig.
Application Deadline: Students can submit their applications until July 06, 2022.
- University or Organization: Eisler-Haus Leipzig e. V.
- Department: NA
- Course Level: Undergraduate
- Award: € 1,000
- Number of Awards: N/A
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: International
- The award can be taken in Germany
- Eligible Countries: All nationalities.
- Eligible Course or Subjects: The scholarship will be awarded in any subject offered by the university.
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following criteria:
- Candidates must have high school certificates with a good academic record.
- There is no age limit.
- Applicants must be International.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: Applicants should send their submissions in German or English by e-mail to [email protected].
- Supporting Documents: Application documents attached
- An informal letter of application
- A curriculum vitae a) in tabular form AND b) continuous text max. 2500 characters
- A copy of your identity card or passport
- Three different scores, if possible, with sound samples.
- A description of the composition project approx. 3500 characters (chamber music instrumentation for up to nine musicians)
- Admission Requirements: Students must have a previous degree certificate.
- Language Requirement: Applicants must demonstrate that they have a good written and spoken English level.