The Felix Scholarship scheme is available to high achieving students from India and other developing countries pursuing postgraduate studies at the University of Reading.
The scholarships cover tuition fees at the international rate and provide a stipend (maintenance grant) to cover living expenses (around £14,570). They also provide generous allowances for clothes, books and a return flight home. Please be aware that you will be asked to demonstrate financial need and spouses’ costs will not be met.
The awards are available (depending on eligibility) for up to three years.
Applications are now open. The closing date will be on 30 January 2021.
Pre-alert applicants will be provided with more information in the coming weeks.
To be eligible for all the Felix Scholarships offered, you must be applying to start a full-time postgraduate degree at the University of Reading, starting in September 2021. You must be able to demonstrate academic excellence and financial need and are expected by the Trust to return to work in your home country after completing your studies.
Please note, candidates who already hold a master’s degree cannot apply for a master’s degree scholarship.
For the scholarship for Indian citizens, the following eligibility criteria apply:
- You must be an Indian national and not currently be living or studying outside of India.
- You must have not previously studied for one year or more outside India.
- You must have at least a first-class bachelor’s degree from an Indian university or comparable institution. Those with an upper second-class degree at a bachelor’s level may be considered if they hold a first-class degree at master’s level.
- You must not hold a degree from a university outside of India.
This scholarship is available to students pursuing either a PhD or master’s.
For the scholarship for students from developing countries, the following eligibility criteria apply:
- You must have at least a first-class bachelor’s degree from a university or comparable institution. Those with an upper second-class degree at a bachelor’s level may be considered if they hold a first-class degree at master’s level.
- You must not hold a degree from a university outside of your home country.
Please note that this scholarship is for master’s level only.
PhD candidates from developing countries are encouraged to consider alternative funding options. These can be found in our wider list of funding opportunities.
APPLYING FOR FELIX SCHOLARSHIPS
The 2021-22 application form is now available to download. Please read the application notes before completing this form.
Applications should be sent to the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org by using the following subject line: Felix Application – Reading ID 1233456 (your Reading application number).
Download Felix Scholarship application form (PDF, 177KB)
Global Recruitment (International), University of Reading
Telephone: +44 (0) 118 378 3838
Additional information about the Felix Scholarship scheme, which also runs at the University of Oxford and the School of Oriental & African Studies, can also be found on the external Felix Scholarships website.