Education, as all parents and guardians admit, is a long-term investment with an equally long gestation period, but it is one of the best legacies to bequeath to individuals, groups and society. That has been the belief of Shell Nigeria since 1952. In 2018, approximately $5.9 million (N1.78 billion) was invested in scholarships by The Shell Petroleum Development Company of Nigeria Limited operated Joint Venture (SPDC JV) and Shell Nigeria Exploration and Production Company (SNEPCo).
About Scholarship Institutions
The Shell Petroleum Development Company of Nigeria Limited (SPDC), operator of the SPDC Joint Venture, is delighted to announce the Tenth annual NNPC/SPDC_JV Niger Delta Postgraduate Scholarship for applicants from Bayelsa, Delta, Imo and Rivers states. The objective of the scholarship programme is to provide postgraduate study opportunity in courses that are relevant to the oil and gas industry, for qualifying students from these Niger Delta states.
In the nine years of this programme, 92 students have won the opportunity to study at top-rated universities in the UK on full scholarship
For the academic year commencing September 2020, SPDC in partnership with three universities in the UK–Imperial College London; University of Leeds; and University of Aberdeen will award scholarships for one-year post-graduate M.Sc. studies.
The following courses qualify for award of scholarships at the three institutions:
|Imperial college london||MSc Petroleum Engineering|
|University of abeerdeen||MSc Geophysics
MSc Safety & Reliability Engineering for Oil & Gas
MSc Advanced Chemical Engineering
|University of leeds||MSc Exploration Geophysics|
- To qualify for the scholarship, applicants must;
- display intellectual ability and leadership potential;
- have an adequate standard of English (at least 6.5 in IELTS) and meet the College’s language requirement;
- have been offered admission to study on one of the Eligible Courses at the College having applied through the normal application process;
- already hold (or expect to hold by the time of taking up the Scholarship) a degree of an equivalent standard to a UK Upper Second Class Honours degree
- must have completed their National Youth Service by September 2020
- be ordinarily indigenes in the Rivers, Imo, Delta or Bayelsa State of Nigeria, and who intend to return to Nigeria at the end of the period of study
- have not already had the chance of studying in the UK or other developed country.
- be aged between 21-28 years by 30/09/2020.
- currently reside in Nigeria
- plan to return to Nigeria on completion of the proposed programme of study.
- have a Nigerian international passport valid till December 2020
- Employees, employees’ relatives (or former employees who have left employment less than 5 years before) of SPDC, Royal Dutch SHELL Group of Companies or the College will not be eligible to apply for the Scholarships.
How to Apply
Hey admin,i am 100/ interestesd to com and learned more about petroleum.Because am currently working for about 8yrs in the petroleum field.I will highly appreciated for your positive results.
Am interested in lerning in abroad.I will highly appreciated for your positive results.
Abdoul Nassirou Boubacar